Want the story? Scroll down below the recipe.
Instant Pot Spinach & Feta Egg Bites
- Instant Pot
- Cheese Grater
- Immersion Blender
- Silicone Egg Bites molds
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup leaf spinach, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- Add 1 cup water to Instant Pot
- In a container, add all ingredients
- Mix ingredients with an immersion blender. You can also try a food processor or regular blender, but my immersion blender handled this in 1-2 minutes.
- Pour mixture evenly into the 7 cup of the egg bites mold
- Place the mold on the trivet that came with your Instant Pot
- Place the trivet with egg bites mold in the Instant Pot
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal, and make sure the steam release valve is closed
- Use the Steam function to cook for 8 minutes
- Natural Release for 10 minutes, then Quick Release to release the rest of the steam/pressure
- Remove trivet and mold
- Flip mold onto plate and push down on the indentation on the bottom of each cup to remove the egg bites
I have been looking for healthy, easy breakfast ideas for my kids and I, especially now that we’re spending so much time at home (and usually sleeping until the last minute before school/work in the morning.) Egg bits have come across my Pinterest feed many times, but I just bought the egg bites mold and gave it a try.
I had looked at some of the instant pot accessories listings but ultimately decided to buy the egg bites molds individually as I wanted two trays and didn’t need a lot of the utensils and charts that with most of the accessory packs.
I used my immersion blender to mix everything up, and it was a breeze. I actually got the immersion blender as a gift when I had my second child and used it to make lots of baby food for him. But beyond baby food, it has come in handy for so many things, like mixing up pudding, smoothies, and milkshakes.
I’m very happy with the egg bites molds I bought from Amazon, and am looking forward to trying other fun combinations in the futures. Here’s some of the combos I’m considering:
- Ham & Cheddar Cheese
- Pepperoni & Mozzerella
- Mushroom, Spinach & Cheese
Have you tried any egg bites recipes? What are you favorite combinations?